Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Bandit


Here it is: Cowboy piece. I really slowed down on the noir piece. It wasn't pushing me in any new direction, so I got frustrated. Thus I busted ground on "The Bank Robbery." I started this sucker on Friday night. It is most of the way done, I might touch up some things here or there, but mostly I want it to keep a very messy energetic feel. And if anyone would like, I would love to hear which artist you think (out of that list) I was most inspired by for this piece. It might just be kinda obvious. The light made the thing look really yellow, but i used mostly burnt umber and yellow ochre, so one can imagine how very not-saturated this painting really is...

3 comments:

ambergoulet said...

I'm guessing Ashley Wood was your biggest influence in this piece.

David Hovey said...

Bingo! Somehow i had never seen this artist until like, three days ago. He is super flippin' cool though.

Alex Lyon said...

I always love a good western piece David. Kudos.