Thursday, May 23, 2013

Overwatch

Just like every illustration I ever do, I'll probably make changes to this the moment I post it. That moment being now. So, crap. Oh, well. This piece was a lot of fun to do. It went smoothly, and when it isn't smooshed into 100 ppi, you get to see some of the brush work I tried to put into it. It came out more Frazetta-y than I intended, but I suppose Esjing is an evolution of Frazetta in many respects, anyhow. Either way, I hope you like it!

You will note, I imagine, that he is holding his bow in the overhand position (who knows if that's really the terminology), from which he can only fire sideways. Much like gangster movies in which they fire their guns pointed to the side, this is only for style, and generally frowned upon. I'll probably adjust one of his hands, because even though I meant for this to be the pose, it still bothers me just a little bit. We'll see.

EDIT: I've been told by two very helpful souls of the dangers of arm chafe. Here's the fix:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure he can fire the bow like that with the string above his arm without chafing the crap out of his forearm when he releases the string.