Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Recent news and future plans

I've been quiet, I know, but I've been very busy. My dad and I have a show going on in Portland, Indiana, where I have fifteen pieces. It's a good mix of traditional and digital. My dad has about twelve of his sculptures there.

I've been working on commissions, both published and personal, and hopefully I'll be able to show something of those soon. I also started in on my novel again, updating it from the beginning and infusing it with some new life. The more I polish it, the darker it seems to get, but I think the quality rises at a similar rate, so I'm not too concerned with that. If you want to read the new and improved first chapter, you'll find it here.

I also consolidated my online portfolio. Mostly old pieces, though there may be a surprise or two. I had stretched all my work out between the pages, but having it all on one page just looks nice, doesn't it?

Plans are still a go on moving to Seattle at the end of April. Wait, did I tell you that I was planning to move to Seattle in April? Well, this is awkward.

Why Seattle? I was visiting friends in Toledo, Ohio, when the conversation went something like this:

Me: Adam, I'm moving out of here. I have to get away from the Midwest. You're coming with me.

Adam: Naw, man. I can't. I have responsibilities here.

Me: You're doing the same thing I'm doing, living with your parents at the age of 25 wondering who you are and when the adventure starts. It starts now.

Adam: I wish you luck, but I can't.

Two weeks later:

(Phone rings) Adam: Let's go. I'm in.

Me: Okay, how does New York sound?

Adam: Too crowded.

Me: Okay, screw New York. Texas?

Adam: Too hot. And too Republican.

Me: Okay, screw Texas. California?

Adam: Too expensive. What about Seattle?

Me: It's a big city, not in the midwest, and it isn't my parent's house? Let's do it.

And thus the plan was formed. This isn't an exaggeration. I look forward to the adventure, and I'll make sure you get to see/read everything, from my trip to my recent art endeavors.

If anyone wants to help me fund my trip by purchasing prints of my work, check out my website and email me.

Here's a picture, since I'm an art blog and all that, might as well:


No comments: