Tuesday, December 7, 2010

New style


So I'm about to try a series of work in a new-ish style so that I could be more approachable from an editorial standpoint. So I am incorporating much more of my drawing and trying my hand digitally for a cleaner, less painterly feel. This is one of my pieces in progress, a cropped image from the original named, "Internet Explorer." As soon as I can, I'll have the helmet looking more like a space helmet and less like a weird halo. Any critiques? Suggestions? Do you like the new direction?

4 comments:

Jake Murray said...

The drawing is nice man. The only crit I'd have on it is the way that left arm just comes straight down out of the frame. If you were to bend the arm in a bit, it would help to keep us framed inside the piece and might look more like he's manipulating a mouse or something. Other than that, I think it's looking good. Very editorial.

David Hovey said...

Thanks man, the bottom of the piece was really unfinished so I just cropped it out, I'll update with the bottom (and the mouse) soon

O'Reilly Ink said...

I really enjoy the new style. The image itself is a little confusing, but I do agree the style is much better for editorial work. Keep it up, I say.

Silver said...

Haha... You've been talking about this so much but I only just got the clever title. Lol...